header01

Friday, August 19, 2011

Everyday Beauties

I've always been a huge fan of the peach blossoms that seem to appear almost overnight as winter prepares to turn to spring. One day the trees are nothing but bare skeletons and then the next a few blossoms appear and within days the entire tree covered in pale pink blossoms with a dark pink centre that are impossibly beautiful to look at. I can't stop wandering over to the window to peer out at them. There is something entrancing about a tree with no leaves but covered in flowers. On the way to Kingaroy from Nanango the sides of the road are pitted with tons of these types of blossoms on leaf-bare trees - I'm not sure what type of tree they are or if they're actually a nuisance to the natural landscape but they're insanely beautiful to look at. It's times like that that I just love this part of the country and think there is no way I could ever return to suburbia.


We have a few stone fruit trees in our backyard that have been dreadfully neglected as while I was pregnant I couldn't bear the thought of yard work with my dodgy pelvis much less actually do it. So while I doubt I'll get as many beautiful blossoms as I usually do it was still a pleasure to see them start arriving. Before you know it it will be Jacaranda-Go-Purple day in September.

peachblossom2


peachblossom


peachblossom3

3 comments:

Seona Mercer August 19, 2011 at 2:31 PM  

She's stunning, gorgeous photos !

Turvey family August 19, 2011 at 3:05 PM  

Love that middle b&w shot...she looks very pretty sitting in the tree like that!

Baa-Me Kniits August 20, 2011 at 9:25 PM  

Wow your photography is beautiful....what a gift :-)

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP