header01

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Run, Rabbit, Run, Rabbit... { Sunday Sharing }

Hasn't everyone's Pinterest recent activity been taken over by Easter pins? Paper mache eggs (which actually look super cool), dyed eggs, easter baskets, rabbit coats, 10 million pins of adorable bunnies which make me curse the no rabbit law in Queensland and of course little softies to make.


One of my friends made one of these cute little softies bunnies (which remind everyone I've shown of the Lindt bunny - just the mention is making me want chocolate!) from Twig and Thistle. So simple and so cute I put it on my weekend to-do list with the kids.

So Ebony, Alex, Reuben and I set out after morning chores this morning to make bunnies. They picked the fabric, traced it out (I traced Reuben's) and then cut them out and we sewed them. I worked the machine peddle and they fed the fabric through and lifted the foot to turn when needed. Obviously though the favourite part of the whole thing was stuffing them, especially since the hole we left was on the bottom of the softie, which brought out a whole heap of 'bum' jokes.

My friend Cass, from Cass Can Sew then made up a duckling pattern and sewed one of those and kindly shared it on her blog so everyone can have a go....guess what the kids want to do tomorrow?

Softie Bunny HERE.
Duckling found HERE.

Enjoy!

bunnies2

1 comments:

Cassandra April 2, 2012 at 11:12 PM  

Such a gorgeous Bunny! Thanks for sharing my link Melissa xo

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP