header01

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

The New Look

I've been portfolio building for what seems like forever. I knew it felt like forever a couple of months back when I had to renew my domain name for another 2 years. I was like, "Wait, ANOTHER two years? You mean it's been two years already?"

I finished up portfolio building pricing a few months back realizing that a portfolio is really a living thing...that photography, as an artform, is a living thing and that my journey was never going to be 'over'. What I was able to do was consistently achieve results I was happy with, that I knew my camera inside and out, that I could look at the day outside and know within a click or two what my settings should be. I could find the light. I felt I had developed a style. I was ready.

So I figured the first step would be to give my photography a 'face'. I'm blessed to know so many amazing and wonderful photographers throughout Australia and in that group I first met Katie. Katie's own branding for heartstory blew me away with it's kaleidoscope of colours. And her portfolio showed how versatile she could be.

I wish I could go back and explain all the steps that it took to get the branding to this point. It began with me describing everything to Katie, from my style and what I wanted to say to clients with my branding to just general things I liked and things I didn't. And after several revisions and tweaking until we were both satisfied I ended up with something that I loved. I love the colours, the fonts (which Katie hand drew!), the little stitches (also done by hand) - just the whole thing. I've come away feeling like Katie knows me better than a best friend.

So over the next couple of weeks I'll be changing over blog headers, logos and business cards all with the design below.

To get in touch with Katie click the link. And to Katie, I can't thank you enough. xxx


1 comments:

Anonymous December 2, 2010 at 8:32 AM  

Love. Awesome job!

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP